Photo Credit Instagram @Freepeopleaustralia
It's been quite some time since the last Blog post. I hope everyone is enjoying their summer! I have a lot to talk about in this Blog, so grab a comfy chair and listen up.
5 Reasons Why You Should Hire An Interior Designer
1. Increase Your Value. If re-selling your home is in your future then you want a remodel that is going to increase your home's value. An Interior Designer has extensive knowledge and expertise in this area. They will make sure any renovations done to the home will increase value and appeal to a large population style wise.
2. Knowledge is Power. This is what they do for a living. Day in and day out. Chances are they have quite a bit of knowledge on design. They were trained to do this. Designers can envision the full picture in a room and put things into place properly. This can be re-assuring when entering a process that seems overwhelming to you. Leave it to the experts.
3. The Most Bang For Your Buck. Designers have business accounts and get amazing prices for items such as furniture, art, and decor. Wholesale pricing allows you to get the most for your money.
4. Professional Contacts. Finding a carpenter, plumber, or electrician in itself can be a total nightmare. They are a dime a dozen. Luckily you don't need to worry about that. We have developed a trust worthy, and talented team of contractors that are the best of the best.
5. Save Your Energy. Let the Designer do the leg work for you. That is why you hired them. They can do the shopping for you and find specific, unique items for your home. Designers are great at getting things done in a timely manner.
In a world so submerged in sleek technology we are experiencing a growing desire to reconnect with nature. This desire coincides with the interior trends currently happening. 2017 has shown us that people want a more conscientious approach to consumerism. They are preferring more natural materials. Plants are proving to be the must-have accent pieces for homes. Wood is also widely used providing a counter balance against materials like marble. Some other highly desired trends are; exposed brickwork, use of cement, pairing metals with raw natural materials like wood, cork, and clay. Some 90's trends have even resurfaced. (GASP) Things such as Velvet, Geometric Shapes, and Tartans.
Photo Credit Frøken Overspringshandling
Photo Credit Instagram @freepeopleaustralia
Photo Credit Worthing Court
Lets Talk Patterns....
My recent obsession is patterned cement tiles. They are such a dramatic statement piece and just down right beautiful. People are drawn to them, and they are trending in the design world. Another trend is patterned rugs. Combined with different textures, pops of greenery, and mid-century furniture and you've got it goin' on!
Photo Credit HomeBunch.com
Photo Credit BlogLovin.com
Photo Cred Instagram @CementTileShop
Photo Credit: Urban Outfitters
Photo Credit Instagram @atribeofmyown
Photo Cred Instagram @TheKilimCo
We have several huge renovation jobs going on at the moment and I am super excited to share the finished projects with you all. It's going to be amazing! They aren't much to look at right now so I won't bore you. Enjoy the rest of your summer and PLEASE don't forget to get your daily dose of....
Haley is a 28 year old mother with a love for interior design that started at a young age. Following in her mother's footsteps she entered the design world and never looked back!
The Design Studio
We offer professional interior services for residential and commercial needs for the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. It brings us great happiness when our clients are genuinely satisfied with our services.